1. The vertebrae gets stuck resulting in decreased range of motion and less room for the nerve to exit the spine from the spinal cord to the body part.
2. Nerves get pinched, compressed, or stretched resulting in pain, tingling, numbness, weakness, and/or loss of function of the body part that the nerve goes to (see below)
3. Inflammation of the nerve, joint, ligaments, and tendons in the area resulting in pain.
4. Muscles react by guarding or in more severe cases, by spasms. Your body is protecting the nerves by limiting your ability to move and therefore do more damage. When the nerve is given more room by adjusting the vertebra and getting the inflammation down, the muscles will back off.
5. Degeneration of the discs and joints due to abnormal and increased stress from the misalignment. An MD would call this arthritis. It is never normal at any age but it is a process that does take time, so it is more common as we get older.
HOW WE GET YOU WELL:
1. Chiropractic Adjustment: restores normal joint motion, relieves pressure off of the nerve to allow it ot heal, decreases inflammation, relieve guarded muscles/spasms, improves athletic performance, normalizes bodily functions, helps discs to be healthy, and stops the degenerative process.
2. Physical Therapy: addresses the imbalances and weaknesses that have allowed this condition to happen. It consists of specific stretches and exercise given to you by the Doctor first in our office and then at home when we are not seeing you as often. These will help you hold your adjustments for a longer period.
3. Massage Therapy: addresses some of the lingering muscle issues and assists in the healing process. It helps increase joint and muscle function, relaxes muscles, and improves blood circulation.
4. Decompression: allows disc bulges and herniation to retract away from the nerves.
CONDITIONS WE TREAT
NECK AND BACK PAIN
NUMBNESS AND TINGLING
AUTO ACCIDENT INJURIES
HERNIATED AND BULGING DISC
WORK RELATED INJURIES
SPRAINS AND STRAINS
FOOT AND ANKLE INJURIES
CARPAL TUNNEL SYNDROME
ROTATOR CUFF INJURIES
HIP AND LEG INJURIES
No matter whether your condition was caused by a sport, work accident or otherwise, we welcome the chance to serve you.
I have suffered from migraine headaches for many years and was hospitalized because of them. After being treated with multiple medications I investigated Chiropractic care. Dr. Andresen helped discover the root cause of my headaches and developed a treatment plan. Through his excellent care over the years my quality of life has improved to the point where I no longer require medication. Dr. Andresen is respopnsive when additional treatment is needed while being caring and understanding.
Neck Pain Treatment
I am 43 years old and never had any neck or back problems - even though I played football beyond college. Then, this past winter, I started to have such pain in my left shoulder/back area, that it was affecting my sleep & prohibiting me from golfing...not an option!
So, I went to a trusted colleague of mine (another Dr) who referred me to Andresen Active Healthcare. I immediately starting experiencing results & pain relief. Within a short period of time (roughly 2 months) I was completely pain-free!!! I was so happy/impressed with Dr. Andresen & his practice, that I've already referred several personal contacts of mine...including my own wife!
For anyone looking for a chiropractor in the Elgin area, I whole-heartedly endorse Dr. Craig Andresen & Andresen Active Healthcare!
Neck Pain Treatment
Dr. Andresen uses a 'whole person approach'. This approach to wellness means looking for underlying causes of any disturbance or disruption (which may or may not be causing symptoms at the time) and make whatever interventions and lifestyle adjustments that would optimize the conditions for normal function. Using this unique approach, Dr. Andresen is able to help you to accelerate and/or maintain your journey to good health.
Monday - 7:00-11:00 am
Tuesday - CLOSED
Wednesday - 7:00-11:00 am
Thursday - CLOSED
Friday - 7:00-11:00 am
Saturday - 9:00-11:00 am
Sunday - CLOSED